UBC Engineering values professionalism and integrity. You are expected to be familiar with and follow these guidelines during your time as a UBC student.
In short, academic integrity is honest and responsible scholarship.
Learn more on the UBC Learning Commons Website.
Academic Honesty and Standards
From the Academic Calendar:
Academic honesty is essential to the continued functioning of the University of British Columbia as an institution of higher learning and research. All UBC students are expected to behave as honest and responsible members of an academic community. Breach of those expectations or failure to follow the appropriate policies, principles, rules, and guidelines of the University with respect to academic honesty may result in disciplinary action.
Learn more in the UBC Academic Calendar: Academic Honesty and Standards
Guide to Your Rights and Responsibilities
The Advocacy and Ombuds offices are available to help you resolve disputes during your time at UBC.
Learn more on the AMS Website: Advocacy & Ombuds Office
The Faculty of Applied Science follows the academic misconduct guidelines set out in the UBC Academic Calendar.
- When a potential case is identified, the instructor will meet with the student(s) involved to discuss the concerns
- The instructor will also notify the department head and the Dean’s Office of the concerns and the students involved
- A Faculty Designate for Academic Discipline within the Dean’s Office will investigate the case. As a result, the Dean’s Office may arrange a meeting with the student(s) and the Faculty Designate. A case will continue regardless of if a student makes themself available for consultation
- A written decision on the case will be sent to the student from the Dean’s Office. The decision to forward a case to the President’s Advisory Committee on Student Discipline will be determined by the Dean’s Office
- If you are a BASc student and have any questions or concerns about the academic misconduct policies and procedures at UBC, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you are a Faculty member looking to report academic misconduct or get more information, please log on to the Faculty APSC Intranet.